Spicy Thai Peanut Butter Cookiesby JBF
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups shortening or butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups peanut butter (either smooth or chunky)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- *1 jar of Johnson Berry Jam (see note below)
- Mix sugars, shortening, vanilla, peanut butter and eggs (we like organic eggs) in a bowl. After those are thouroughly mixed, add flour, baking soda and salt (that have been mixed separately). I use an electric mixer to beat all these ingredients.
- Get a spoon and scoop out a heaping of the dough and form a mid sized ball and place on greased cookie sheet. Fork it flat, making an indent in the middle with a spoon (you will place a little dollop of Johnson Berry Jam in it when it cools).
- Bake for 10 minutes – (I like mine soft). You can bake it longer if you like yours crunchy.
- After cooking – place on cooling rack for about 10 minutes (try not to wolf them all down while still hot or you’ll burn your tongue…so I’ve heard).
- *ADD a teaspoon of Strawberry Pepper Jam (for the wimps). Strawberry Habanero Jam (for the Big Kids) or the Strawberry XXX Jam (for the Crazy Ones). I would just recommend the good, old Johnson Berry Farm Strawberry Jam!
Other Optional Suggestions
Add a chocolate “kiss” to the center dollop of Johnson Berry Jam.
Roll the dollop of cookie dough in white sugar before you put it on the cookie sheet.
Add 1 cup of unsalted peanuts to your recipe to get a really nutty cookie.
Makes about 90 good sized cookies
Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes – (10 min. if you like them soft)
Comments are closed.