Super Easy Berry Pieby JBF
- 2 frozen pie crusts from the grocery store. I like using Marie Callendar pie crusts.
- 4 cups of frozen blackberries. **see below for details**
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 level teaspoons of corn starch OR two teaspoons of flour (it is either one or the other but NOT both!)
- Place one of the crusts on the bottom of your pie pan. Lightly pushing crust to the contour of the pie tin. Poke the bottom crust with a fork about a dozen times random places.
- Place the 4 cups of frozen berries on top of the crust that you put on the bottom of the pie pan. I would make it slightly mounded because the berries will turn to liquid and flatten out.
- Separately mix the sugar & corn starch (or sugar & flour) in a separate bowl with fork.
- Sprinkle mixture EVENLY over the frozen berries.
- Put the second pie crust on top of the berries. It really doesn’t have to be pretty. We are not here to win awards. The flavor will get you praises!
- Cut slits or poke with fork in the middle of the top pie crust numerous times to release the steam from the baking pie. Or you can lace strips of the pie crust so that you don’t have to worry about poking it with a fork.
- Place pie on a cookie sheet to save the bottom of your oven from the berry drippings.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour – 1-1/4 hour. Once you see the berries bubbling in the middle of the pie and the crust getting golden brown. Your finished!
- The pie is supposed to be runny as it comes out of the oven….as it cools it will set ( become firm).
You can easily feed 8 good sized portions from a 9″ pie. Top it off with a big dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Yuummm!
Comments are closed.